Whereby it is hereby recorded that Spark Plaid Energy Pty Ltd, trading as Hohm Energy, a Company duly incorporated in accordance with the Company Laws of the Republic of SouthAfrica, and having registration Number 2021/377005/07 (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”), which Company collects, stores and analyses the data collected from customers and/or relevant third parties:
Confirms that by accessing and/or utilising and/or contracting with theCompany, that you have read, understood and/or acknowledged that you have read all of the Company’s privacy terms and this Disclaimer, whereby you understand and/or acknowledge further that all information and/or data provided and/or collected and/or furnished to the Company, whether personal or otherwise, maybe used and/or processed and/or analysed by the Company and its duly authorised agents, and that such use and/ processing and/or analysis may include where necessary, the placement of such information in the public domain.
Confirms that by continuing to facilitate the provision and/or collection of such information, you specifically agree that the Company will utilise such information and/or data – irrespective of the nature of such information and/or data – as reasonably and lawfully required and/or necessitated by the Company.
Confirms that the Company shall use its best endeavours and take all foreseeable and/or reasonable precautions to ensure that the information and/or data so collected and/or stored by the Company, for the purpose provided to theCompany.
It is further recorded that by submitting any information and/or data to theCompany, you consent to the collection and/or collation and/or processing and/or analyses and/or storing of such information and/or data in accordance with this disclaimer, and hold Hohm Energy, its agents and/or subsidiaries free from liability in the event of any loss and/or damages sustained by you in the event of any dissemination of the information and/or data furnished to the Company.
February 2023 | Version 2.0
We respect your privacy.
The purpose of this policy is to describe the way that we handle your personal information.
This policy applies to you if you are:
Personal information includes:
Personal information includes information we collect: (i) automatically when you visit our website, (ii) on registration, (iii) on submission, and (iv) from you voluntarily. It excludes (i) anonymous, (ii) de-identified, (iii) non-personal statistical, and (iv) public information.
Common examples of the types of personal information which we may collect and process include your:
Depending on the goods or services that you require, you may be required to permit us to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system or browser or request that you input your home street address in order that we gather information about your rooftop. We use location information to determine if and how we can provide our services to you and in order that we may better provide these services.
Depending on the goods or services that you require, we may also collect sensitive personal information including your:
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you order our goods or request our services. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not order our goods or request our services.
You may not order our goods or request our services if you do not accept this policy
You may not access our website or order our goods or request our services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
You may only send us your own personal information or the information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
On submission of an inquiry or registration
When you submit an inquiry or if you register on our website, you will no longer be anonymous to us.
This personal information may include:
We will use this personal information to fulfil your account, provide additional services and information to you as we reasonably think appropriate, and for any other purposes set out in this policy.
We collect certain information when you enquire or register on our website.
On order or request
When you order our goods or request our services from us, you will be asked to provide us with additional information on a voluntary basis (goods or services information).
You will provide us with personal information when you attend an event that we host.
For information on how we deal with cookies, please refer to our Cookies Policy.
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a single-pixel gif or web beacon request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your personal information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
We collect certain information from web beacons on our website to compile anonymous information about our website.
You may also provide additional information to us on a voluntary basis (optional information). This includes content or products that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, order certain additional goods or services, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of our website.
We may monitor and record any telephone calls that you make to us, unless you specifically request us not to.
We may use or process any goods or services information, or optional information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. Processing includes gathering your personal information, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal information. We generally collect and process your personal information for various purposes, including:
goods or services purposes – such as:
marketing purposes – such as:
business purposes – such as:
legal purposes – such as:
We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
We may use any of the personal information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us.
Consent to collection
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you.
Messages and updates
We may send administrative messages and email updates to you about the website. In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
We may use your information to send you administrative messages and email updates to you regarding the website and for marketing purposes where lawful.
While you are logged into the website, we may display targeted adverts and other relevant information based on your personal information. In a completely automated process, computers process personal information and match it to adverts or related information. We never share personal information with any advertiser, unless you specifically provide us with your consent to do so. Advertisers receive a record of the total number of impressions and clicks for each advert. They do not receive any personal information. If you click on an advert, we may send a referring URL to the advertiser’s website identifying that a customer is visiting from the website. We do not send personal information to advertisers with the referring URL. Once you are on the advertiser’s website, however, the advertiser is able to collect your personal information.
We may share your personal information with:
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you among other purposes.
We may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
We may disclose personal information if required:
We may disclose personal information to third parties if required for legal reasons.
We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal information to advertisers or business partners.
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require personal information to do their jobs. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel
Change of ownership
If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information.
There is no such thing as "perfect security". We have to compromise between increased levels of security and the convenience to you in transacting with us.
Our security responsibilities
We take the security of personal information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws by maintaining reasonable measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorise access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recovery procedures where appropriate.
Our security disclaimers
Please note the following:
The third parties whose systems we link to are responsible for the security of information while it is collected by, stored on, or passed through the systems under their control.
We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that our website and your information is not compromised. However, we cannot guarantee that no harmful code will enter our website (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware, or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites (addressed below).
If you experience a problem or loss that is caused by the information you provided to us, your computer being compromised in some way, or by something beyond our control, we cannot take responsibility for causing the problem. We will, however, do our best to help you if we can.
You must only log in to your account from a page that begins with https://www.hohmenergy.co.za
Our website is hosted on a secure server and uses security measures to prevent interference by intruders.
We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, current, complete, confidential and reliable for the purposes defined in this policy. From time to time we may request you to update your personal information on the website. You are able to review or update any personal information that we hold on you by accessing your account online, emailing us, or phoning us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your personal information
Please keep your personal information accurate and up to date by accessing your account online, emailing us, or phoning us.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary.
Request what information we hold on you
You may request access to your personal information to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold on you.
Updating or removing
You may choose to correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us, by clicking the relevant menu in any of the pages on our website or contacting us by phone or email.
Withdrawal of consent or objection to processing
You may withdraw your consent where we are relying on consent as a lawful justification to process. You may also object to our processing where we are relying on another lawful justification for the processing. Please note that if you do so, we might not be able to provide services to you.
We may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity for you to access these rights. This is to ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to an unauthorised person.
You may choose to update or remove the personal information you have submitted to us.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by sending you an email detailing the changes that we have made and indicating the date that they were last updated. If you do not agree with the changes, then you must stop using the website and our goods or services. If you continue to use the website or our goods or services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third-party websites.
May 2023 | Version 1.0
We may place small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device when you visit our website. These files do not contain personal data, but they do contain a personal identifier allowing us to associate your personal data with a certain device.
These files serve a number of useful purposes for you, including:
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
You can see the cookies we use in the following table:
This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics. This appears to be a new cookie and as of Spring 2017 no information is available from Google. It appears to store and update a unique value for each page visited.
a few seconds
This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics - which is a significant update to Google's more commonly used analytics service. This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. By default it is set to expire after 2 years, although this is customisable by website owners.
Identifies a new user's first session on a website, indicating whether or not Hotjar's seeing this user for the first time.
A few seconds
This cookie is used by HotJar to detect the first pageview session of a user. This is a True/False flag set by the cookie.
A few seconds
A cookie that holds the current session data. This ensues that subsequent requests within the session window will be attributed to the same Hotjar session.
A few seconds
Hotjar cookie that is set when a user first lands on a page with the Hotjar script. It is used to persist the Hotjar User ID, unique to that site on the browser. This ensures that behavior in subsequent visits to the same site will be attributed to the same user ID.
When the Hotjar script executes we try to determine the most generic cookie path we should use, instead of the page hostname. This is done so that cookies can be shared across subdomains (where applicable). To determine this, we try to store the _hjTLDTest cookie for different URL substring alternatives until it fails. After this check, the cookie is removed.
Google conversion tracking cookie
Google Analytics Cookies
Google Analytics Cookies
A few seconds
Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.
Mixpanel is used collect analytics around app usage
A few seconds
A cookie to keep track of a user's opt-in/opt-out status for Mixpanel
A few seconds
Your internet browser generally accepts cookies automatically, but you can often change this setting to stop accepting them. You can also delete cookies manually. You can read how to do this at https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-delete-cookies/.
Deleting or no longer accepting cookies may prevent you from accessing certain aspects of our website where cookies are necessary, or cause the website to forget your preferences. Deleting cookies may not prevent you from seeing advertisements on our website, but such advertising may be less relevant to you.
This offer is limited to cash and asset-backed finance offers only. This offer does not include Glint subscriptions.
Below are the terms and conditions for the “Beat Any Quote or Pay” promotional subscription campaign conducted or promoted by or in association with Hohm Energy PTY LTD (Hohm Energy), all of its stakeholders, the subsidiaries of such holding companies, divisions and affiliates. By participating in the promotional campaign these terms and conditions (“Promotion Terms and Conditions”) will apply and be binding on you
The Promotion is organized, offered, and run by Hohm Energy Services (Pty) Ltd (“Hohm”) as duly authorized, on behalf of Glint Origination Services (Pty) Ltd (“Glint”).
2. Campaign Period:
3. Submission of Competitor Quote:
4. Price Beat Guarantee:
5. Payment Process:
7. Verification Process:
8. Changes to Terms:
9. Limitation of Liability:
10. Governing Law:
11. Contact Information:
Below are the standard terms and conditions for promotional competition conducted or promoted by or in association with Hohm Energy PTY LTD (Hohm), all of its stakeholders, the subsidiaries of such holding companies, divisions and affiliates.
1. Each promotional competition conducted or promoted is subject to these Standard Terms and Conditions for Promotional Competitions (“Ts and Cs”) and the rules, promotional material or adverts (“rules”) pertaining to the specific promotional competition. All the provisions of these Ts and Cs shall form part of Hohm’s General Terms and Conditions and Private Policy in respect of those services offered, specifically those relating to the running of competitions, free prize draws, and promotions.
2. For purposes hereof, “affiliate” means Hohm Energy’s partners, promoters, co promoters and sponsors of this promotional competition, and the directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives of all those listed herein.
3. The promotional competition is not open to directors, members, partners, agents, employees, consultants of Hohm Energy and/or any affiliated companies, agencies, associates, partner and/or any suppliers of goods or services in connection with a competition; and the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in 2.1 above.
4. Entrance criteria or conditions are as set out in the rules of each promotional competition.
5. The judges’ decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
6. Hohm Energy is not responsible for any entries which are not received by Hohm Energy and/or the promoters, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, Hohm Energy is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, website or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
7. It is your responsibility, as a participant, to ensure that any information which you provide in respect of a promotional competition is accurate, complete and up to date.
8. Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for your own account. Hohm Energy will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you, or your partner (if applicable), incur during and for purposes of your participation in the promotional competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize. Hohm Energy will specify, in the rules, the total value of the prizes to be won, the nature of the prizes, and any cost to be borne by the participants of any specific promotional offer.
9. Hohm Energy does not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, makes no representations and gives no warranty that a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or, if applicable, your partner’s requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or be satisfactory and punctual.
10. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for any other item or cash.
11. You may not obtain a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you. If you do not qualify to receive such a prize, you will forfeit it.
12. In the event that you win, you must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to take part in the promotional competition or claim a prize.
13. Should you be a participant in the promotional competition to whom a prize is due, you will be notified by means of the contact details provided to Hohm Energy by you. Hohm Energy may require you to provide it, as the case may be, with additional information as may be reasonably required to process and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize. You have one month from notification by Hohm Energy to collect or organise delivery of a prize unless otherwise stipulated in the rules for a specific promotional competition.
14. Should you be a participant in the promotional competition to whom a prize is due and you fail to respond to the formal notification by Hohm Energy within the time period specified above, or in the rules for the specific promotional competition, as the case may be, you shall forfeit such unclaimed prize and thereafter Hohm Energy shall randomly select a replacement winner from the competition entries. Hohm Energy shall notify the replacement winner of such effect as soon as reasonably practicable and the provisions of this clause shall apply to the replacement winner in the event that he/she fails to respond to the notification.
15. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Hohm Energy and its third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the promotional competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which Hohm Energy and such suppliers deem reasonable in the circumstances. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of the promotional competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against Hohm Energy and third party suppliers.
16. You agree that your participation in the promotional competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
17. Should you be a participant to whom a prize is due, you consent to Hohm Energy or its authorised agents to take, capture, record and/or use your name, voice, photographic images or video images for the purpose of marketing and publicity campaigns.
18. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Hohm Energy will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the promotional competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the Ts and Cs.
19. These Ts and Cs will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the applicable laws of the Republic of South Africa.
20. Hohm Energy reserves the right to amend these Ts and Cs for Promotional Competitions at any time and will publish same on its site or make the same available to participants on request.
21. In the event that any of the terms of these T’s and C’s are found to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, such terms will be severable from the remaining terms of these T’s and C’s, which will continue to be valid and enforceable.
22. The draw will only be finalised after the closing date and winners will be notified thereafter.
23. In order to be eligible for the prizes, winners should have had to have completed the following: refer to relevant promotion - see Appendices below:
1. It is important that you understand and agree that when you apply to participate in the Black Friday Promotion for Glint Solar Subscription Services (the “Promotion”), these terms and conditions(“Promotion Terms and Conditions”) will apply and be binding on you.
2. The Promotion is organised, offered, and run by Hohm Energy Services (Pty) Ltd (“Hohm”) as duly authorised, on behalf of Glint Origination Services (Pty) Ltd (“Glint”).
3. This Promotion is only valid in South Africa to selected applicants who qualify based on the specific application criteria of Glint for solar subscription services.
4. If you wish to participate in the Promotion and are eligible therefore, you will contract directly with Glint as a subscriber for solar services provided by it.
5. In addition to these Promotion Terms and Conditions, all standard terms and conditions of Glint and Hohm apply to this Promotion.
6. This Promotion will run from 25 October 2023 to 30 November 2023 (the “Promotion Period”). You must sign up during the promotion Period to be eligible to apply to participate.
7. You must be at least 18 years old and the owner of the property in which the solar plant will be installed.
8. Glint reserves the right to amend or withdraw the Promotion at any time before the expiry of the Promotion Period in its sole and absolute discretion.
9. The Promotion applies to new subscriptions only. Customers that have signed up for Glint solar services prior to the commencement of the Promotion Period through Hohm or otherwise do not qualify for the Promotion.
10. To apply to participate in the Promotion:
11. Only Promotion applicants who are eligible in terms of Glints subscription criteria will be entitled to participate in the Promotion. Qualification is dependent on the credit and verification processes and requirements of Glint and in Glints sole and absolute discretion. Neither Glint not Hohm will be liable to you, in any manner whatsoever, if you are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
12. You will only be able to participate in the Promotion once Glint agrees to enter into a subscription services agreement (“Subscription Agreement”) with you and you agree thereto.
13. The Promotion will be subject to the terms and conditions of the Subscription Agreement and these Promotion Terms and Conditions .Should you breach these Promotion Terms and Conditions and/ or those set out in the Subscription Agreement, Glint reserves the right to revoke the Promotion benefits from you.
14. The following important details apply to the Promotion: